Quilting Time

The machine was updated with the latest firmware and my dealer also replaced the bobbin hook race cover to get better stitch results. In addition, I got the 5.5mm stitch plate, and, surprisingly, the slot openings for feed dogs are narrowed with no gaps – totally fantastic! I think the machine now is at the best stage ever: no noise, smooth and quiet. There is only one issue that I think can become better: the tension is still a bit off and the straight stitch is still slightly wonky when piecing off-center on thin fabrics. No big deal for me now but I do wish it can be addressed. 

Yesterday, I started to free motion on the B710. The quilt was among one of my very first designs. It had been stitched in the ditch on my Singer 201 weeks ago. I was gutsy enough to try freeform feathers on the sashing. Luckily I got very good results! The top thread is Invisafil and the bobbin thread is Aurifil 50/2. I quilt with a Bernina size 70 needle (freebie from my dealer). 

Still having no idea how to quilt the blocks... but I think I would just finish the sashing first, and plan on the blocks later.